You know Meadowhall as your favourite place to spend time shopping, eating and relaxing but it’s also one of the country’s key retail players. Let’s look at the facts:
- Meadowhall is Yorkshire’s premier shopping destination and one of seven super-regional shopping centres in the UK.
- Our 1.4 million sq ft centre has attracted 560 million visits since opening in 1990.
- It’s home to 230 stores, 50 places to eat and drink, and an 11-screen cinema.
- 18% of all business rates collected in Sheffield City Council come from the centre, with 1p of every £1 traced back to Meadowhall.
- During peak times we employ 8,500 people and 1 in 100 jobs across the City Region is supported by our activities.
- Meadowhall has its own public transport interchange for bus, train and tram services.
- The centre offers 12,000 free parking spaces