Meadowhall is green
You know Meadowhall as your favourite place to spend time shopping, eating and relaxing but it’s also one of the country’s key retail players. Let’s look at the facts:
- Meadowhall is Yorkshire’s premier shopping destination and one of seven super-regional shopping centres in the UK.
- Our 1.4 million sq ft centre has attracted 560 million visits since opening in 1990.
- It’s home to 230 stores, 50 places to eat and drink, and an 11-screen cinema.
- 18% of all business rates collected in Sheffield City Council come from the centre, with 1p of every £1 traced back to Meadowhall.
- During peak times we employ 8,500 people and 1 in 100 jobs across the City Region is supported by our activities.
- Meadowhall has its own public transport interchange for bus, train and tram services.
- The centre offers 12,000 free parking spaces
Last updated Thursday 8 June, 2023