Come and meet McFly’s Dougie Poynter at WHSmith, Meadowhall, Sheffield. Dougie will be signing his latest children’s book Plastic Sucks!
This is a wrist banded event. You will be issued a wrist band when you purchase Plastic Sucks! from WHSmith Meadowhall up to the day of the event.
Suitable for ages 9-11 years.
Sunday 22 September from 12pm
About the Book
How can YOU help save our planet? This awesome and inspiring guide, written by musician and environmental activist Dougie Poynter, will show you how to get involved in the mission to cut out single-use plastic.
Plastic is everywhere and it sucks. It fills up our oceans, endangers our wildlife and never goes away. So it's time to take action, find ways to cut down our plastic use and help protect our environment. Together we can make a difference!
As a lifelong supporter of environmental causes and a key player in the campaign to ban microbeads in the UK, Dougie is always on the hunt for ways to reduce and replace plastic. This campaigning book, his first solo authored project, draws on his own experiences in the fight against plastic waste – the problems he's encountered and the solutions he's found. It covers the history of plastic, introduces us to some key campaigners and eco entrepreneurs and is full of top tips and infographics.
The clear and easy steps in Plastic Sucks! You Can Make a Difference show us how we can all make small changes and become champions for our planet.
Dougie Poynter is a musician, songwriter, designer and author. Dougie has been obsessed with natural history and dinosaurs from the age of three when he visited the Natural History Museum with his mum. He is passionate about the natural world and a keen conservationist, working with charities such as WWF, Greenpeace and Five Gyres. He is committed to cleaning up the planet and was instrumental in the campaign to ban microplastics in the UK.
Dougie has been the bass player of the band Mcfly since 2003 and, along with bandmate Tom Fletcher, is behind the bestselling picture book series The Dinosaur That Pooped. Illustrated by Garry Parsons, the series has sold more than 1 million copies. Dougie was also a member of the super-group McBusted and in 2011 was the winner of the jungle set show I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!
Terms and conditions:
• The signing will commence from 12pm at WHSmith Meadowhall, Sheffield
• Anyone arriving to the store before 11am will be asked to return at 11am
• This is a wrist band event; you will be issued a wrist band when you purchase Plastic Sucks! from WHSmith Meadowhall, Sheffield
• Alternatively, you can register your interest to reserve a wrist band and a copy of Plastic Sucks!You will be issued a wristband and copy of Plastic Sucks! when you produce your Register Your Interest Ticket. You will need to purchase the wrist band which will include a copy of Plastic Sucks!
• You will not be admitted to queue if you do not have a wrist band
• Due to the anticipated high turnout, please be prepared to queue
• Refreshments will not be available at the event but facilities are available at nearby outlets
• The exact time at which the event ends will be determined by the promoters on the day
• To avoid disappointment, we advise you not to arrive any later than the signing start time
• A member of staff will be on hand to take a picture of you with Dougie. Please ensure that your phone/camera is fully charged on the day and has enough storage
• There will not be an official photographer present at the event
• Only Plastic Sucks! will be signed. No other merchandise will be signed
• Unfortunately dedications within the book may not be possible
• Anyone under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult. Any accompanying adults will not require a ticket. Due to time and space limitations each child can only be accompanied by one adult and accompanying adults may not be permitted into the event space
• Please note the event may be filmed or photographed, as an attendee you consent to footage or photos of you being used for promotional purposes. If you do not want your photo taken, or that of your children, please let a member of the WHSmith store know