Lush is not only looking forward to welcoming their customers back on 12th April, but also welcoming their plastic packaging back! As part of Lush’s mission to ‘Leave the world Lusher than we found it’, all shops will be inviting customers to bring back any full-sized Lush plastic packaging to their local Lush shop to be recycled as part of their fresh new packaging returns scheme, Bring It Back.
For each plastic Lush item returned, customers will receive a 50p deposit to spend on their Lush basket that day.
Alongside local government guidelines – such as observing advised social distancing rules, no hands on demonstrations and having a safe queuing system to enter – staff safety measures for each Lush shop reopening will also include…
- Socially distanced product demonstrations.
- Safe use of testers with squeaky clean individual spatulas and non contact procedures.
- Lush will be providing face coverings for staff to use, asking customers to wear a mask if they can, and adhere to local social distancing requirements.
- A continuous cleaning rota will be in place.
- Customers will be invited to wash their hands as soon as they arrive in store either with their own piece of soap peel, or Lush hand sanitiser.
- Shops will have pre-filled sample pots of some of their most popular products, complete with a tamper proof seal. All shops welcome customers to try samples so they can try before they buy.
- Till points have recycled and recyclable perspex screens installed.
Shops will also be supported through tech advances such as Lush Lens. Designed by Lush’s in-house tech R&D team to offer customers a packaging-free and contact-free shopping experience. Customers can download the new and improved Lush app on android and iOS and scan unpackaged products (over 50% of Lush’s range) in-store. The phone’s camera and Machine Learning are able to recognise products and give the customer detailed ingredient information, price and ‘how to use’ demonstrations through immersive videos via the app.